Mad As Hell, which would expose the political corruptions and issues that the mainstream news are overwhelmingly silent about. Needless to say, not a single network went for it. Having already produced the pilot episode, in 1996 he began selling it on VHS to concerned citizens. In the video he primarily criticizes the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), the federal government’s War on Drugs, the movement to implement a National Identity Card, and various other imposing government regulations, especially those controlling and restricting natural and alternative medicine.
He also attempted to found a new political party at that time, called the Constitution Party, but it didn’t get off the ground. (The current Constitution Party was then called the U.S. Taxpayer Party.) 5
In 1998, Russo ran for governor of the state of Nevada as a Republican. He placed second in the Republican primary. He planned to run again for Nevada governor in 2002, but this time as either an independent or Libertarian candidate. However, he canceled any campaigning efforts after being diagnosed with bladder cancer. He passed away on August 24, 2007, at the age of 64.
His final contribution to the world was the documentary America: Freedom to Fascism which he wrote, directed, and narrated. The film tackles a variety of hard-hitting current issues, including:
- the illegality of the Federal government’s personal income tax, which is both Constitutionally unsupported and had inadequate state ratification.
- abuses of the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)
- exposing the Federal Reserve as a consortium owned and conducted by private American and international banking families and dynasties – with zero true government oversight
- exposing the REAL ID act as a way to push national ID cards
- the future roll out of human-implantable RFID identification chips
- evidence of electronic voter fraud via Diebold (and similar) voting machines
- increasing Orwellian Big Brother surveillance nationwide
- increasing globalization via the UN and multinational corporations
- increasing police state measures and abuse of non-lethal weapons (primarily tasers) by officers
- government-enacted false-flag terrorism as a vehicle to erode the rights of citizens and effectively silence their dissent